(+49)152 5591 4462
Weekday 09:00-12:00; 13:30-16:00
- Cultural and symbolic capital of the metropolitan regions: Empirical studies based on German metropolitan regions (current topic)
- The theory of polycentricity from the perspective of enterprise location (current topic)
- Metropolitan governance and regional planning focusing on Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region in China
- Urban regeneration: Theory, practices in Pearl Delta Mega-Region
- Built environment evaluation and design: quantitative approaches with coding and big data
Academic & Professional Experience
Visiting Ph.D candidate at the Department of European Planning Cultures, Faculty of Spatial Planning of the Technical University of Dortmund
Ph.D candidate, Institute of Architectural and Urban Studies (IAUS), School of Architecture, Tsinghua University (THU)
Bachelor of Urban Design and Planning, School of Architecture, Tianjin University
Exchange, School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore (NUS)
One-semester Studio: Old In Community, Investigation, research and design for aging population in Singapore, Toa Payoh, Singapore
- 06/2013-09/2013 China Academy of Urban Planning and Design
- 07/2014-08/2014 China Sustainable Transportation Centre
- 12/2014 Department of traditional village, Tougheng Urban Planning and Design Institution
- 07/2015-09/2015 Guangzhou Urban Renewal Bureau
- Spatial strategies of culture development in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region (12/2014-07/2016)
- Urban renewal policy with limited land resource in central area of metropolitan(11/2014-11/2015)
- Protection and developing strategies of rural area in Germany (05/2015-10/2015)
- Evaluation for Quality of Street Space in center area of mega-city with SVP: A comparative analysis of Beijing and Shanghai (06/2016-09/2016)
Studio Design and Competition Works
- Joint workshop: Housing Investigation of Dongli Lake Residencies, (by Tianjin University and MIT), 2012
- Urban design studio: Tianjin Thermal power plant regeneration and surrounding planning and design, Tianjin, 2011
- Urban design competition: Design of Dong minority tourism town in Wanshan and the regeneration of local mercury mine, Tongren, GuiZhou, 2012
- Urban design studio: Old In Community, Investigation, research and design for aging population in Singapore, Toa Payoh, Singapore, 2012
- Urban design studio: Regeneration design of Tianjin Tractor factory, a transformation of industrial heritage to a mix-use district, Tianjin, 2013
- Urban design practice: Planning and design of Stone Park and Museum in Tangshan, Tangshan, Hebei, 2013
- Urban planning studio: Master Planning of Xiuwu Town, Jiaozuo, Henan, 2013 Graduation project: In- and Outside Nanjing City Wall: Life Network Perception urban regeneration of Nanjing inner city, Nanjing, 2014
- Spatial development strategy Studio: Jixian spatial development strategy, Tianjin, 2014
- Comprehensive urban design studio: Integrated development of rural and urban area in Xingping, Yangshuo, Guangxi, 2015
- Joint workshop project: Kulangsu façade renewal, Xiamen, Fujian, 2015
- Urban design practice: Regeneration of Shenxi county, Hunyuan, Shanxi, 2015-2016
- Spatial development strategy of Hangzhou bay area, 2017
- Tang J, 2016,“Studies on the advantages and disadvantages of urban renewal policies and the reasons under different relationships between government and market — A focus on the comparison of implementation, policies and reasons of Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Foshan”, Planners 32(5), 47-53. (In Chinese).
- Tang J, Long Y, Zhai W, Ma Y, 2016,“Measuring quality of street space, its temporal variation and impact factors: An analysis using massive street view pictures” New Architecture, 2016(4): 390-395. (In Chinese).
- Tang J, Long Y, 2016, “Evaluation for Quality of Street Space in center area of mega-city: A comparative analysis of Beijing and Shanghai” Planners, 2017(2): 68-73. (In Chinese).
- Tang J, 2018.Transportation supply efficiency in polycentric and mono-centric region: A comparative study based on traffic circle of equal travel time. Urban Planning International. In Press. (In Chinese).
- Wu W, Tang J, 2016, “Rural infrastructure development strategies to demographic change: Learn from the experience of sustainable rural sewage treatment in Germany”, Urban Planning International 31(04), 135-142. (In Chinese).
- Wu W, Tang Y, Tang J, 2016, “Experience of the development of rural development and special protection in Germany”, Rural Planning and construction (6): 98-112. The Commercial Press. (In Chinese).
- Long Y,Tang J, 2018, “Research progress on large-scale measurement of quality of streetscape”, City Planning Review. In press. (In Chinese).
- Tang Y, Tang J, Yang D, 2016, “Old Industrial Land Redevelopment: Institutional Dilemmas and Institutional Innovation”, Urban Design Environment (04), 390-395. (In Chinese).
- Hu Y, Tang J, Shao D, 2014, “Research on Urban Design Method of Scenic City—Wuyishan North City District Urban Design as an Example”, Chinese Landscape Architecture (09), 96-100. (In Chinese)
- Tang J. Value Trends at the Transition in Urban Renewal-The Case Study of Shenzhen[C] //8th Conference of the International Forum on Urbanism (IFoU). Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, 2015: 289-300.
- Jin X, Long Y, Sun W, et al, 2017, “Evaluating cities’ vitality and identifying ghost cities in China with emerging geographical data”, Cities, (63): 98-109.
Conferences & Presentations
- Tang J, Tang Y. “Value Trends under the Transition in Urban Renewal: The Case Study of Shenzhen”, International Forum on Urbanism conference. Incheon, 2015.
- Tang J. “Quantity distribution of Urban Cultural Consumption Space of Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Metropolis and Factors analysis”, Annual Conference of China City Planning. Shenyang, 2016 (In Chinese).
- Jiang Y, Tang J, Li Wei, Chen Y. “Dilemma and way out for the implementation of small-scale neighborhood in China”, Annual Conference of China City Planning. Shenyang, 2016 (In Chinese).
- Tang Y, Tang J, Yang D. “Institutional Innovation of Urban Regeneration in China: A Comparative Study of Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Shanghai”, Annual Conference of Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP)，Lisbon, 2017.
- Tang J, Long Y. “Measuring quality of street space and its temporal variation: Methodology and its application in the Hutongs area in Beijing”, 15th International Conference on Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management (CUPUM). Adelaide, 2017.
- 11th Urban Planning & Information Communications Technology
Practice Forum, Shanghai, 2017.
- Spatial planning (winter semester course), teaching assistant, 2015
- Western urban development and planning history, teaching
- Editor, Urban Environment Design (UED) Magazine